I've come into contact with several women who possess this trait. I myself have caught whiffs of it in my air and demeanor, too-- remember, I'm not perfect!
They are the wealth of knowledge, though. The goddess of domestication. They are not "in training". They are the full-blown Proverbs 31 Woman, right?
I just want to take the time to confess my flaws and imperfections because while I post moments in my life-- especially on Instagram-- that demonstrate my JOY and FUN, it isn't the largest part of me. In fact, I make extra time to find something GOOD in a busy day to post because I like keeping new content coming in all its forms. It is a good exercise, and I'm sure you've heard of the "100 Happy Days" challenge. I wasn't able to finish it, but it made me thankful for my blessings and I did enjoy it a bunch.
Still, I'm NOT perfect. Here's the thing I've really been wanting to buy myself:
So, without further ado: Here's my top 10 reasons (and I'd love to hear yours! We could do a series on it if anyone else feels liberated enough after reading mine to pop out the next one).
1. Sometimes I look like this:
3. I drink Red Bulls because I hate coffee. Literally the worst thing I could put in my body, I know. DELICIOUS.
4. I am a cryer. I mean, I would have been an excellent town cryer. I cry over every baby, puppy and ladybug that doesn't have a loving home. I cry like a BABY over weight loss shows like The Biggest Loser. I empathize with everyone, even if it's nonsensical. I invest in the struggles of others, but not to the point of activism-- just to waterworks.
5. I miss theatre a lot. Sometimes I wish I could do both what I want and what is best for my family even though I know where I have been commissioned and where there is real joy. Be still, my heart!
8. I have diarrhea of the mouth BAD! When I really get the time to sit with a girlfriend...or worse...when I wasn't expecting to run into someone and get REALLY excited (like an old theatre friend) things just start coming out of my mouth. Anything that pops into my mind. I have NO FILTER. Goodness gracious. Sweet Niblets. If you've ever experienced this and headed home laughing or cringing about a story I told, I owe you a coffee.
9. I'm fiercely overprotective and paranoid about my gorgeous, talented little sisters. I don't think I'll ever see them really as sisters. The "mom" dynamic is too strong because of our age difference.
So, anyways, along with this same "Top 10 Challenge", I challenge you to celebrate your imperfections with me tomorrow for our Friday Fashion Roll Call. I challenge you to rejoice in your imperfections, in your children's flaws and mistakes and in God's amazing grace throughout your day. He is bringing us into accordance to His will little by little, moment by moment. That is the one thing I am absolutely certain of. I am a special needs mom. I am a theatrically minded, high-strung artistic type. I'm increasingly sensitive the older I get. My body is flawed and my temper flies, but God's grace abounds.
He is transforming me today and always. Can I get an amen??